Talk & Demo: Pencil Painting by Paul
The Urban Sketchers Prague team is happy to invite you to a Talk & Demo by Paul Riley covering the topic of how to use a pencil in the manner of brush strokes to convey various effects and atmosphere.
Date: Saturday, 25th March, 2023
• Pencil painting - origins of the expression.
• An impressionistic stroke - impressionistic use of the pencil in a manner of brushwork.
• Sources of inspiration - Monet, Kokoschka, et al.
• Pencil techniques to convey seasonal weather, e.g. autumn leaves etc.
• How to convey atmosphere, e.g. rain, snow etc.
• Drawing the effects of light using the sun
• Convey the character of water - the river Vltava with reflections, movement, activity.
Please see the details and registration instructions here.
"I have been a practising professional artist most of my life. I had a painting accepted by the Royal Academy at the age of 15. A year later this was followed by my first solo exhibition. I have continued to paint in all media. After several years of working in Architecture, I returned to my first love of painting. I have always explored, challenged and pushed the boundaries of my chosen media; nowhere more than in the elusive spirit of watercolour."